Friday, August 12, 2011

I tried it and I liked it

I love make up but I have to confess, I don't wear it very often. I'll go crazy with the eye make up, blush and even lip liner, lipstick, and top it all off with a gloss. But I have to be motivated to it. One thing I almost never use, is foundation. It's mostly because I detest the way it looks and feels. I hate walking around looking like I have a pound of caked on anything all over me. I hate seeing that line of color from the face to the neck, and yes I know all about "blending" it. I have even had the good fortune of finding shades that match my skin tone really well. So many of the foundations though, seem to sit on top of the skin, collect oil throughout the day, or highlight any blemish you might have that's healing. So I have been on the hunt for a tinted moisturizer. I saw a brilliant write up about Clarin's Hydraquench Tinted Moisturizer so I thought, why not? Let's give it a whirl. Here are my thoughts:

It felt light going on and blended fairly well. I've got olive skin and have a little bit of a tan since we've been lucky enough to have some sun lately. I used shade #2 but I can easily see dropping down to shade #1 in the winter. I didn't notice my skin feeling particularly "hydrated" afterwards but I also never noticed any oiliness from it as the day progressed. That's really saying something for me. It doesn't provide the full coverage of a regular foundation so if you're looking for something like that, your journey isn't over. If you're looking to even out the red tones in your skin though, this can do the trick for you. I am also happy to report that I didn't break out from wearing it and I have fairly sensitive skin. 

Overall, I give this product a thumbs up. And no, Clarin's isn't paying me...but maybe they should ;)

Ciao,
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I've tried tinted moisturizers myself, but it just doesn't work. I need the real deal! But I only use liquid foundation, no powder. The ladies in Ireland are all about powder, but they'r also all about looking 10 years older,so...

    ReplyDelete