Friday, August 12, 2011

Sold!

Portuguese coat of arms

If you haven't visited Diana Teodoro's site, you're truly missing out. She's funtastic! No, that's not a typo.  If I can't think of a word that appropriately captures my mood, I've got no problem making one up. She read my post on my first experience with Spanish food and completely sold me on the idea of trying Portuguese cuisine. It has become my official mission. I'm on the hunt people! If you know of a Portguese restaurant in the UK, let me know about it. In fact, if you don't know of a restaurant but can make me an authentic portuguese meal then I'll come over for dinner! Ok wait, that might get weird. How about this instead? If you have a favorite Portuguese recipe, share it with me! 

Ciao,
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Ah ah ah! Love! It's funny how good I am at selling Portugal to people! I should put this on my CV and look for a job in sales or something!
    I hope you can try it soon and hopefully u'll love it, otherwise it'll be beyond embarrassing!
    I couldn't cook to save my life really, so I'm the wrong person to ask for recipes, but I'm pretty sure you can find some online. However what really makes a difference are the products we use, specially the olive oil, the wine, the bacalhau (codfish. but we salt it and dry it so it's 1000x better) the pork(and when I say pork I mean all pork parts, cause that's the kind of people we are). If you're ever around Dublin you're very welcome to come and try some Portuguese food at my place(my bf is my secret weapon! The man can cook anything! Thank God or we'd both be starving to death!)
    I'm really happy you mentioned me on your blog! You know, my blog is like one of those shops around the corner that only has a few faithful costumers, so any publicity it gets is amazing! Thanks once again! Hopefully u won't mind I spread the word of how awesome I am! Praise like this only comes once in a blue moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it helps! I love your blog. You're always on point with what you share and aren't afraid to say what needs to be said. Love it all! And if I make it to Dublin - I'll hold you to your offer ;)
    Ciao,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete