Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tiny Tight Rant

{glitter leggings image source: Zara.com}

Side bar all you fabulous fashionistas. I need you to sound off on this. Zara has these fabulous glitter leggings for everyone to wear. I would love to hear your thoughts on whether or not this:

{glitter tights image source: via Amazon.co.uk}

equates the same thing. Are tights the same as leggings? If you see someone on the street wearing these glitter tights as trousers/leggings, what would your reaction be? This is what I saw this morning dropping my kids off for school. A mother, dropping her kid off at school, wearing glitter tights as trousers. I'm talking full view people. The shirt stopped just above the hips. Personally, it was way too freaking early in the morning to be seeing something like that without having had a cup of coffee. What are your thoughts? Am I just a prude or is this just too far? Let me hear your thoughts!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. You're not a prude. I swear, there should be a class on decency and common sense. Tights are not pants. They never will be. I don't care how gorgeous your ass is, please keep it away from my view. I will wear tights or leggings as layered under a skirt or a tunic. When I see some fashion bloggers wearing them with short shirts, I cringe. Then I close the tab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell me she was wearing underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is a difference between leggings and tights, and the general rule is that leggings are to be worn with something much longer. Yikes!

    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, her thong covered a ton. It was so hard to wrap my brain around simply because this woman was obviously trying to put effort into her outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I didn't miss the memo on this one where someone had decided this was stylish. I was definitely beginning to feel like Dorothy just after she'd landed in Oz where things just weren't quite right but everyone around me was acting like it was.

    ReplyDelete