Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm BACK, baby!!!

My trusted and busted Pearl Izumi's

A day of rest fixed me right up and I felt good enough to get back in the gym today. In my head, all I could hear was my own personal soundtrack 'Back in the Saddle Again' sung personally to me by Aerosmith. (Gah, wouldn't that be a dream come true? Confession: I had a huge crush on Steven Tyler when I was a teenager, which yes, was ages ago. It didn't matter that he was old enough to be my Dad. He was hot!) So, upon reflection of my last visit and it's affect on my back I remembered I'd pushed up the resistance during my time on the stationary bike in the last 5 minutes. Armed with that knowledge, I made sure to stay a bit more aware during those last five minutes on the bike, made some minor adjustments to my posture and how I was pushing my weight through my legs to the pedals. (Another confession, I'm an awful pronator with my feet so pushing my weight through the center of my feet can be challenging. As if any of you wanted to know that. :D) I kept my pace slightly lower on the treadmill and I finished with flying colors. It feels really great to be able to make a recovery with that and not end up in a bad position where I couldn't work out again without an osteopath's assistance. 

And, despite my love affair with my trusted and busted Pearl Izumi's, I'm on the hunt for a new pair of trainers. Do you have a favorite brand that you find you go back to over and over? And did you ever have a secret crush on a musician, rock and roll icon, etc etc when you were a teenager? I'd love to hear who yours was.

Ciao,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment