Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Holidays Are Upon Us


Everyone, welcome to my local gardening centre, Stewarts. I never expect the things I see inside, but I'm always so surprised and pleased. It often brings out the materialist in me at a time when I'm trying to be a minimalist. I often have a war of words with myself as I'm deliciously tempted by the amazing displays put together by Lee Yeatman.











I was pretty taken with the black, gold and white cinema motif. But if it's not the displays that capture the imagination, there are tons of lovely home décor and cute gift idea's. Here are some of my favourites. 





Nightlights for the little ones

A puppy purse!! How cute is that? And here's my absolute most favourite chair in the world. I call it the Egg Chair. 


It's wicker, suspended and is simply THE most comfortable thing I've ever had the pleasure of sitting in. Now, if only they made a version for 69 gbp instead of 699 :(

How are you getting ready for the holidays? Do you stock up on new decorations or do you try and keep it to a minimum? Are you like me having a battle of willpower with these special moments through the years?

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I love ogling at holiday merchandise... but I never buy any. I go really minimalist on decorating, and will probably only have a tree up this year. I also buy decor after CHristmas to use the holiday after :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Christmas!:D If I could I'd get different decorations every year, but I can't! Last year I got an emergency tree and decorations under €15 and I guess I'm stuck with them for the next couple of years. That tree has a special meaning though. It's the tree I got to spend my first Christmas with my boyfriend in our first apartment!
    The only thing I'm looking to get this year is a small nativity scene. Back home me and my family make a huge one with moss, lakes, rivers and all kind of characters! I'm sad I won't be able to do it this year!

    My trick to keep the holiday spirit on a small budget is using candles. Last year I got like 100 candles for €2 or something. I put a row of candles on the fireplace, some on the window and some on the table and it felt very special.
    You don't have to spend a lot to have a good time with the ones you love!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so cute and make me really excited for the holiday season! I always find that gardening stores, florists, etc. seem to have the BEST seasonal decorations. It's strange, but I love it!

    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is amazing dear, it is so pretty, I shall follow, would you like to follow back? Mines www.elishayates.com tell me if you would like in a comment! I saw your blog from nadia's blog and trying to find blogs I like. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all holiday decorations. no matter it is gold, white or red. have a Cupcake sweet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great xmass decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pictures.I love the christmassy feel of the things.is that a glass reindeer??
    chitraasfashiondiary.blogspot.com
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. It IS a glass reindeer and I think if I had the extra money to burn that is the 1 thing I would allow myself to get. They were exquisite with amazing craftsmanship, heft, and clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Confession, I've had two tree's up since mid-November to try and fill the void of Thanksgiving since we moved to England. I was happy to forgo the additional cost of Thanksgiving but was surprised at how much I missed it. The fact that I've had two trees up is misleading though. They're both only about 6 inches high. :D That's as far as my decorations go.

    ReplyDelete