Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Porcelain

{sources for images contained in collage here}

Growing up I always wanted that picture perfect flawless skin I saw in all the fashion magazines. I would try searching high and low for beauty products that would provide the best results. I no longer try to recreate those images of smooth, blemish and pore free faces for the sake of looking like the girls in the magazines. I've learned through my life experiences that the condition of our skin can be a reflection of what is going on in our bodies and minds. While I take better care of myself on the inside than I used to, I'm still hunting out those products that can help me continue to detox myself from the outside.

Right now, I'm interested in Dead Sea mud. The claims around it go something like this:

Dead Sea mud pulls toxins and pollutants from deep in your pores, it has more than 35 minerals believed to alleviate acne, eczema, psoriasis, even arthritis when applied warm! It stimulates circulation, absorbs impurities, exfoliates dead skin cells, and hydrates skin from deep within.*


From left to right:
C&B Face Mud Mask ,  Zagorska Detox Seaweed & Dead Sea Mud Mask, Adovia Dead Sea Mud Mask

The allure of helping my skin and body detox with Dead Sea mud is irresistible to me. I would love to try any one of these products. I'm still on the hunt for products here in the UK. Have you guys got any Dead Sea Mud Mask jewels you'd like to share with me?  Give me a shout and let me know what I'm missing out on in the comments below!


* Info from here


10 comments:

  1. I want to find a new skincare regimen too. Keep me posted if you try anything out that works amazingly well!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do Hannah! I keep hunting and finding new things to get excited about trying. I'm like a little puppy running around in circles chasing it's own tail hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dead Sea Mud Mask, even tho it's sometimes drying for me. I usually just do a little spot treatment here and there. My favorite one is AHAVA purifying mud mask. Here's the link, if you want to read the reviews http://www.ahavaus.com/purifying-mud-mask

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interesting suggestions!!!
    I will try these products!
    I've always found very important a beautiful skin!
    ciao my dear!

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, the problem now with looking at images of beautiful faces/skin in any magazine is that they will all, pretty much without exception, have been photoshopped to look beyond perfect! I find it really interesting looking through magazines from pre-photoshop times, seeing real skin (even if heavily made up). However, that aside, my favorite, exceedingly simple skin cleanse/detox is very hot water and a cotton facecloth: applied, wrung out and applied again...and again. Zingy skin. Cost: minimal - even better! Mind you, I like the look of that Dead Sea mud mask.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I often wonder when exactly they started airbrushing photo's and how mis-representative it is of a product. Could/should that be labelled as "false advertising"? I agree, sometimes the simplest beauty regimines are often the best and most affordable. I suppose the appeal to this for me is how it's historically been recognized as a natural booster/healthy approach to living. The less artificial and more organic a process is the better to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Marina! If you do try any of them, please let me know your results. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely have a look at the AHAVA one. I've seen so many blends and types at this point, it's boggling my mind. I even came across a type of mud called Moor mud that's supposed to be a balancing mud but one that leaves the skin super moisturised.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried a dead sea mud mask, but it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think everyone wants flawless skin! I am definitely wanting my skin to clear up! I dunno what happened after college. I just started breaking out :( Gotta look this mud mask up...

    ReplyDelete