Saturday, January 14, 2012

Boscanova Cafe

{images from www.cafeboscanova.com}

{image soure: me}

Remember the less than ideal experience at the Cliffhanger the other day? My wonderful husband decided we needed to give this type of event another go to celebrate one of our rare kid free moments. We'd had Boscanova Cafe recommended to us on multiple occasions so we decided to give it a whirl.

This place just about made me squeal with joy. It's not some super posh fancy place. It's like a coffee house cafe straight out of Seattle. The cappuccino was literally the best I've had since I left the Seattle area and the breakfast options were the perfect blast from home. Actual thick American style pancakes (which were amazingly wheat free and yet still springy), real honest to goodness maple syrup, and bacon just like from back home hit my homesick spot and stamped it down nice and tight. 

The decor is ecclectic and fantastic. It's so much fun to explore it all from the tiny pieces of art painted/drawn on the backs of chairs, to the lamp shades made out of empty paper cups, to the painted murals on the way to the toilets. (Nothing like trying to grab a photograph of a mural that approaches the toilets before someone see's you and thinks you're a perv.)

Really and truly, this place made my day. All of the staff were super friendly. They had no idea they'd end up on my blog and this post is completely unsponsored. If you're in their area and hunkering for some good old American breakfast grub, I can happily recommend giving them a go. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like so much fun - i love easy places where the food is fab, the decor feels right and the staff are lovely - so much better than the 'places to be' - have a wonderful weekend xx

    ps the ring is Solange Azagury Partridge and it is called the lips ring and thanks so much for noticing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so terribly happy you found this place! It's *almost* like your American diner experience you've been daydreaming about. I love the decor. I've yet to visit Seattle, but this is the type of place I would imagine for it. Now you've got me wanting some pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks good.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice husband! You are so lucky. That pancake looks amazing. I've had wheat free pancakes before and let me just tell you, not a fan. My pancakes looks way different than Boscanova's one. For some odd reason, my pancakes looked dirty. LOL

    I love hipster places like Boscanova. As long as the food and service is good, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Jen, I can tell you I've tried all kinds of wheat free stuff and I too have had some disastrous results with the wheat free variety of pancakes. What seems to go terribly wrong with them most of the time is how doughy they can get. Typically gluten is what prevents that in a pancake but you have to work around that when you're going wheat free and this place did a fantastic job of it. I would've never known they were wheat free if my husband hadn't pointed it out after we were finished. I have to admit too, the service was so friendly that as I walked past the kitchen area, the chef looked up, flashed me a smile and asked "You alright?" which is how they sort of say "hey there!" when they greet you here. It was really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pancakes rule! I'd missed pancakes. If I want pancakes now, I have to make them from scratch and let's just be honest, I can be really lazy first thing in the morning. I'm not usually hungry and don't have all that much motivation. These completely rocked though and they took all the work of it straight out of my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you. After our last experience eating out I was a bit wary of trying again so soon but my husband can be very persuasive. I'm so glad he managed to get my stubborn bottom in there hehehe.

    Thanks for letting me know about the ring. I'm going to go hunt for it now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait a minute! Coffee? Ecclectic place? I think this plce is calling me! I'm sure you both had a great kid free moment! I have no kids yet, but it is so good when I spend my time with my fiancé doing something different! How amazing is breaking our routine, right? I wish you more moments like that!!!

    Kisses,
    Cri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love discovering a new cafe! The place looks really cute & unique, and -wow!- those pancakes look delicious. Sounds like you had a great day with hubby :)

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that looks like such a cool place. Not some cookie cutter cafe. And I'm drooling over those pancakes right now- they do look really springy. Yumm!!
    xx Kara
    Sprinkles in Springs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This place looks so nice!

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun & funky looking place - love cafe's like this!! And yum those pancakes looks freakin delicious too. Oooh, and thanks for the King Chlorella tip, I'll have to check it out at our local health food store. Hope you're enjoying a fabulous weekend. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  13. you totally deserve it, Rachel. That cafe looks like my kind of haunt!

    ReplyDelete