Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tea Time

Dragonfly Teas Cape Malay Organic Rooibos Chai Tea

I was excited to find a Rooibos version of Chai tea. In an effort to continue a detoxification process I've been working on for a long time,  I'm limiting the amount of caffeine I consume.  Rooibos leaves are caffeine free so this is a great way to try and explore some chai love. 

Pros: The cost is fairly reasonable. It's organic. An organic product is always a great tick in my box. I'm a big believer about minimizing the toxins I'm ingesting. All toxins take a toll on us. Its aroma is really lovely. It smells almost cinnamon like. 

Cons: This makes me super sad. This tea tasted like bad tuna to me at first. Seriously. As it cooled, the flavor seemed to mellow and tasted more like a normal chai.

Conclusion: It's affordable and has a lot of positives. If you love chai tea it'd probably be a great purchase. I'm not sure this would be something I would drink everyday personally. There's something I really like about sipping a super hot drink when you come straight out of the cold and wet. Since I'm not that fond of the flavor until it cools, this doesn't fit that bill.

If you're interested in learning more about detoxification or cooking my friend Gwen @ Saturdays with Maggy is inviting others on a detoxification process for the body, mind and soul this year. I'm excited to see what she and others do along their journeys.

Do you guys have any Rooibos Chai teas you recommend?
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I agree that going organic is a great way to prevent the yuckies from getting in. Thank you for mentioning my detox series, should be a great journey. Please continue to offer tips for us as we go along, it's so helpful. And I hope you'll consider doing a guest post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Rooibos teas before. I love tea, so I have to try to find some of this Rooibos tea.

    I just participating in Gwen's detox journey too. We'll see how far I'll go. I can never say no to food, but I guess that's the reason why I need one. I'm feeling junk inside. I'm following you on twitter, so I'll try to tweet you and see how you are doing. Good luck! Let's do this!!!! WE can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on taking the detox challenge. It can be so challenging trying to take the first step. If things seem overwhelming try just cutting out one item a week. I mentioned in a comment on her first post about it, that if people have over indulged in sugar during the holidays, the spleen can need some love. Orange and yellow foods are great for that. Things like squashes, pumpkins and carrots in yummy stews or soups are perfect for that kind of thing. I believe you can do it Jen! Good luck xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome. I think that conscious living is something we can all take a closer look at doing each day of our lives. It's a strange concept to some but often, we're born and go through life without really being "awake" and our bodies, minds and souls suffer because of it. A good detox to help us be our best is a fabulous way to live. If I can put together a decent post for your site, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had rooibos chai before, but I do love vanilla rooibos. Mmm. Now I want some!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of rooibos tea, but I could definitely use the detox!

    http://blondehaus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok hold on. when it's hot it tastes like tuna? ew. I'm not sure I could even wait until it was cold to keep on drinking it.

    ReplyDelete