Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tripping the PNW Coast Fantastic

Ah! It's good to be back. Last week we traveled down Hwy 101 through Washington state, Oregon and California. I could just about KICK myself for not stopping and getting more pictures. There were some unbelievable parts to see but I just couldn't bear pulling off the highway into a view spot. Navigating the death defying twists and turns with a wall of rock on one side of the highway and a  sheer drop off into the ocean next to the car, left me white knuckled at best. I've never seen anything like it. We took a stop to stretch our legs at Bruceport State Park in Oregon. We went on a wild adventure down a mysterious path and found lots of great hidden treasures.

And finally, late evening, we reached a spot at a true beach. Can anyone else relate to being slightly freaked out by birds after having seen Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"? If so, then imagine visiting this beach, with that fear, sitting next to a person who got 4 special treats landing on them from above. It was like machine gun fire.
It was a great trip and there are more photo's to come. But, there's no place like home! I can't wait to get back to work and finish my chain maille piece. Ciao! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment