Sunday, July 11, 2010

I eat chain maille for breakfast

Alright, so maybe I don't eat it for breakfast.....yet. I've been doing my best to learn the jewelry making form of chain maille. I've taken vintage bronze wire, researched methods, and successfully made my own jump rings. I've been studying the European 4-in-1 technique for making chain maille and to be honest, my first two serious attempts aren't going so well.

 Attempt 1
 Attempt 2

Below is the toggle that inspired this whole necklace to begin with. 


Thank goodness I'm stubborn. I will not only figure out how to do this technique, but I will master it, to the point of a fine art form and angels will sing! :D Ok, maybe that's reaching, but a gal can dream.

Cheers everyone!
Rachel of Symbiotic Life
symbioticlife.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment