Saturday, July 17, 2010

Live Long and Prosper




I have spent much time and many resources in my life trying to sort out the mysteries of good health and my relationship with food. It's not just about looking good. It's about feeling good. I wanted to share two books with you that have really changed my life so far. 


The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth by Jonny Bowden is chock full of well researched information. It's written in a clear and concise way and really breaks things down simplistically. I don't know about anyone else, but the simpler it is for me to understand, the better. This was the first source of information that really gave me any solid footing on food and nutrition. Well worth investigating if you're like me at all and struggle with these issues. 





The Enzyme factor by Hiromi Shinya is my latest greatest discovery. This book has a completely different approach. Dr. Shinya's inspiration for researching these types of issues all began from his medical practice. He's one of the most renowned colonoscopists in the United States and he's compiled decades worth of research about life choices impacting our physical health. It's a very good, easy, and short read. It provides a lot of insight into processes in the body and gives good suggestions to alter your lifestyle.


I hope that you get as much or more benefit out of these two books as I do. It's been a long day, an even longer week, and am super happy that it's the weekend! Have a great night everyone!


Ciao,
Rachel of Symbiotic Life
symbioticlife.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment